Glamour House began as a photo journal of my personal adventures in life and love for all things fashion-related. Over the years, it’s evolved to a broader expression of life, travel, fashion, and adventures as a first-time mom. I write and post as a way to share my personal tastes in everything from travel to fashion and friendship. Hopefully this site will serve as a fun, inspirational escape from the more serious parts of life!
In addition to posts on celebrity fashion, red carpet reviews, and personal style, you can expect these recurring features:
- “Makeup Mondays” — I’ll share my favorite beauty finds, tips, tricks and giveaways!
- “One Buy, Three Tries” — Buy one piece, wear it three very different ways. Whether it’s something I own, or a trendy item that keeps popping up in magazines or on red carpets, I’ll show you how to make each new addition worth the $$$.
- “Cheapskate” — It’s hard not to want to splurge on the hottest items each season, but just as quickly as the trends come, so do the knockoffs! In these posts we’ll give you links to less expensive versions of your favorite must-have items.
- “Top 5 Must-Haves” — These will include anything from travel essentials, to shoes, to baby gadgets– the items I can’t live without!
- “Kitchen Confidential” — Occasionally I get super ballsy and attempt to cook/bake. When I come across a super-easy meal or slam-dunk recipe, I’ll share the details with you all in these posts!
A little bit about me: I grew up in beautiful Marin County, California and got my BA in Commiunications with a Minor in Business at UC Berkeley. I lived overseas in Barbados for a little while, and still miss the beaches and warm people every day! After graduating from Cal, I worked in broadcast news as morning anchor and reporter for local NBC and FOX affiliates in Oregon and Las Vegas, respectively. I took a break from news to go back to school a couple years ago, and earned my MBA from Fuqua (Duke University), studying business and culture in five different countries across the globe in the Cross Continent program.
Leaving broadcast journalism was not easy, but I’ve tried to tie together my love of journalism, fashion and business and communications background in creating this site. I’m sure it will continue to change and evolve as I do and my readership grows… I hope you’ll come along for the ride and enjoy what we produce!
At the very least, we hope you’ll find GlamourHouse.com a pleasant escape from the daily grind. Feel free to comment on posts or shoot me an e-mail and let me know what you enjoy reading about and what you’d like to see more of, and I’ll do my best to keep the site fresh with the most useful information!
Collaborations and editorial posts, contact: email@example.com